Episode 24 A Shot of Business Central and A Beer
Welcome back to another episode of A Shot of Business Central and A Beer, presented by Solution Systems, a Gold Microsoft Partner.
The weather is warming, flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, and Business Central is galloping toward cloud dominance. New customers and functionality are being added so quickly that only Seabiscuit could keep pace, but can Business Central get better? What is driving the recent global demand for this product? We have questions that need answers and we’re sure you do too, that’s why we’ve brought in Mike Silver from Microsoft to the podcast to talk all things Business Central.
Also in this episode, we’ve curated the latest Business Central news for you, we’ll give you our thoughts and experiences on the two newest dimension features, and we tested and reviewed the Use Dynamics app.
0:00 Podcast Opening
1:20 Intro and “Special” Beer Review
9:30 Interview with Mike Silver from Microsoft
33:40 New Business Central News
41:36 New Dimensions Features: Dimension Value Limitations & Dimension Corrections
56:42 Use Dynamics App Review
You can also listen to us on:
For the full list of sites you can find A Shot of Business Central and A Beer at click here
A Shot of Business Central and A Beer Show Notes
Welcome to Episode 24 of A Shot of Business Central and a Beer Podcast. My name is Michael Intravartolo, A.K.A. the Midwest’s better version of Brad Pitt. As always, I’m joined by the man who is faster than a business central web page, more powerful than Microsoft’s Data Centers combined, and able to build reports from dimensions without having any dimensions setup, Mr. Ken Sebahar! How are you Ken and what are your thoughts on the fact that I’ve listened to Ariana Grande’s new song 17 times today?
Business Central News
Business Central update 17.5
No New Feature Changes.
Hotfix Overview: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-17-5-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-business-central-2020-release-wave-2-application-build-17-5-22499-22546-platform-build-17-0-22463-22540-94cdc7cc-0aaf-43cd-a070-c9c9f1147679?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us
You can now use your custom APIs in Power Automate and power Apps through the Business Central Connector. The connector shows up as Dynamics 365 Business Central, but it’s able to connect to any environment powered by Business Central even if it has been rebranded.
2021 Release Wave 1 Sandbox Preview is available. I noticed two versions when setting up. Not sure why they would have this?
BC App News
· AppSource has undergone a little bit of a redesign.
· 1,363 Business Central Apps.
· Is this new? If app is conflicting and not allowing BC to upgrade after 90 days Microsoft reserves the right to remove the app and upgrade the software.
Use Dynamics App
Use Dynamics App - Easy Access to video user guides for Business Central
· Who or what is Use Dynamics? Use Dynamics is a learning portal with video user guides for Business Central. It’s funded and hosted by Abakion A/S out of Copenhagen, Denmark.
· So first off, it’s free and the Install was the simplest app install yet, all I had to do was choose my preferred language.
· How it works: This company Use Dynamics has created self-help videos for Business Central. So, let’s say you’re on the Sales Quote Page and have a question about how something works or why it’s doing what it’s doing. What you want to do is find “Use Dynamics” in the ribbon, click on it, and it will open up a new tab in your browser with a webpage that has different Sales Quote videos to help you.
· It’s pretty nice but I’m surprised Microsoft hasn’t created something like this.
Well, you’ve reached the end of another episode of A Shot of Business Central and A Beer podcast. Connect with us at www.solsyst.com and on all major social media channels. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast so you always know when the latest episode is available.
See you next month!