I'm not too sure when it happened but somewhere along the line when Microsoft rolled out an update to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central some of my profiles disappeared from the Available Roles page found through My Settings. I didn't pay too much attention or worry about this as they were roles that I didn't use much of like the RapidStart Services role. Looking back on this I should have paid more attention to what happened to these rolls because as luck would have it, I needed to use the RapidStart Services profile and it was gone from roles list.
After directing some not so nice words at my Business Central environment and questioning my sanity, I decided to brew a pot of Lavazza coffee take a deep breath and figure out what happened to these profiles. Six and three quarter cups later I stumble upon a Profiles (Roles) page in Business Central. Eureka! This has go to be the fix to my problem because I can see boxes to check if I want to enable a profile.
I think before you read any further I should point out that I'm a marketing person and not a Business Central technical expert so please be kind when judging my many, many, many, many mishaps. Now let's get back to the story.
With an ear-to-ear grin I happily click the enable box for the RapidStart Services Profile and........nothing. Am I in a caffeine induced coma? What is going on? Better poor myself another cup to wake up and become more alert. I take a sip and it feels like heaven to me so I progress forward. I try clicking all the other enable boxes and none work for their respective roles. I poor another cup of coffee, expand the page, click more options, click fewer options, click more options, click fewer options, and by this point I go and get a bigger mug for my coffee. The good news is, I'm wide awake and functioning at a cognitive level that I believe the late Stephen Hawking would be jealous of.
Unfortunately, I was not able to channel Stephen Hawking and instead I channeled my inner being and accidentally clicked the Manage link and then figured that at this point I might as well click Edit. There it was in all its lovely glory, the thing that alluded me for more time than I'd like to say, the enable option.
At this point I did what any person would do, I went through and enabled all the profiles. I won't be having this issue again any time soon.
To enable your profiles (roles) in Business Central follow these steps.
Search for the Profiles (Roles) Page.
Drill down on the profile you want. You can also select the profile, select Manage, and select Edit.