Welcome to episode 36 of A Shot of Business Central and a Beer podcast. The only show that helps you master Business Central ERP software while learning a little bit about beer in the process. On this episode we’ve got the latest Business Central news, Simeon White joins us in the studio to talk about Business Central security, and we’ll be sipping on one of Mexico’s finest beers. So, let’s get started!
0:00 Podcast Opening
0:25 Intro and Beer Choice
5:34 Business Central News
21:49 BC Security
1:00:26 Wrap Up
1:02:39 Thank you for listening!
You can also listen to us on:
For the full list of sites you can find A Shot of Business Central and A Beer at click here
A Shot of Business Central and A Beer Podcast Show Notes
This Episodes Alcohol Choice
Why I chose this beer: To me, it’s the embodiment of what a Spring/Summer beer is and this is our first podcast in Spring of 2022. Also, I know Simeon is a fan of Mexican culture
In 1925, the people of Tacuba, Mexico created a beer to celebrate a revolution. Now, Modelo is the fastest-growing beer in America.
· Modelo Especial translates to Special Beer
Pilsner-style Lager that is crisp, clean, and refreshing.
Business Central News
· A localization update for Norway and India
…and that’s about it. Which is typical of an update right before a major release is scheduled to be deployed.
New Commerce Experience
Business Central Security with Simeon White
My understanding is that Business Central Cloud uses a layered approach.
Security Development Lifecycle
1. What do permissions do?
2. How common is it for permission issues to occur after a minor or major Business Central update?
3. Is there anything that can’t be restricted through customer permissions?
4. Do you think that a business can effectively control security through the use of out-of-the-box permissions?
5 Yes or No Questions. Everybody knows the rules, only answer Yes or No.
1. 5 years ago, did you believe that cloud software would be the wave of the future?
2. Is green your favorite colored Eminem?
3. I’m sure Business Central is going to expand it’s use of Artificial Intelligence in the future. Will this require less permissions to be used?
4. Are German Shepherds the best dog breed known to mankind?
5. Do you recommend Business Central users to always contact their Microsoft Partner when setting up permissions?
Well, you’ve reached the end of another episode of A Shot of Business Central and A Beer podcast. Connect with us at www.solsyst.com and on all major social media channels. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast so you always know when the latest episode is available.
See you next month!